Privacy Notice for Fostering Unfiltered (Greater Manchester Combined Authority, 2023)
1. The GM Foster Carer Recruitment & Marketing Campaign
Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA) are working with the ten Greater Manchester Local Authorities (Bolton, Bury, Manchester, Oldham, Rochdale, Salford, Stockport, Tameside, Trafford and Wigan) to increase the number of approved foster carers across Greater Manchester. The aim is to promote and build greater awareness around the fostering process to a wider audience and give a better and more targeted customer experience.
To support this GMCA, on behalf of the GM Councils, has commissioned Eleven Marketing & Communications Ltd (Eleven) to deliver a GM-wide marketing campaign, website. and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform using HubSpot.
2. What information we will collect from you (the purpose and legal basis for processing information)
In order for individuals to sign up to this process on the GM Fostering Unfiltered website and receive further information the following information will need to be collected:
- Email Address
- Mobile number
As this falls under direct marketing, individuals will provide their explicit consent to be contacted. An opt in box will be provided and individuals will be able to opt out at any time – Article 6 (1)(a) UK GDPR.
For the application process the Local Authority Fostering Services may need to collect the additional personal information:
- Date of Birth
- Financial information
Special Category Information:
- Sexual Orientation
- Ethnicity Religion
The lawful basis for processing the above information will be Article 6 (1)(e) public task, and for special category information Article 9 (2)(g) substantial public interest.
3. How we ensure the security of your data
We are using HubSpot CRM which is a global market-leading product. HubSpot employs sophisticated security measures of secure software development processes.
4. Information retention
Local Authorities will keep the information for 2 years.
5. Transferring data
All data collected as part of this project will remain in the EU.
6. Data sharing
Local Councils may provide applicant details to other Local Council’s where the prospective foster carer has agreed.
7. What rights do individuals have?
We must comply with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.Under data protection law, your rights include:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate.
- You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
If you wish to make a request, please contact your local authority at:
8. How can I make a complaint?
If you are not satisfied with how we are using the information we hold about you please contact our Data Protection Officer by emailing your relevant local authority.
If you are still not satisfied with the response to any request to exercise your individual rights or if you believe that the GMCA is not processing your personal data in accordance with the law, you can contact the Information Commissioners’ Office:
Post: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Relevant Local Authority Privacy Notices can be accessed via the links below: